Common Hardware Systems
Common Hardware Systems (CHS) acquires and supports sustainment of highly flexible, cost effective, common, and simplified non-developmental Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) solutions, improving battlefield interoperability and connectivity while garnering efficient competition and enabling the latest commercial technology solutions to be integrated onto the Army tactical network and Combat Systems.
The CHS program office enables the Operating Force through a holistic approach to acquire commercial information technology (IT), to include commercial off-the-shelf IT and non-developmental tems, utilizing the most effective and efficient means to meet program offices’ tactical and operational requirements. CHS also enables the Army’s crew-served tactical tracked and wheeled vehicles and command posts to gain the decisive edge on the battlefield by providing a reliable, robust, and scalable command, control, and communications intercom system. The CHS-4 contract provides the procurement mechanism to meet Army and DoD requirements.
- Streamlined Rapid Acquisition Process - CHS provides a “one-stop shop” consolidated, rapid acquisition capability for all requirements including engineering support, hardware and sustainment services. CHS works with stakeholders to facilitate the rapid execution of technology insertions, delivery orders, and task orders.
- Configuration Management - The CHS-4 contract provides a mechanism to preserve hardware configurations, including designs for integrated solutions and kits. Enables repeated procurements of a specific hardware configuration to ensure continued interoperability and information assurance compliance.
- End of Life Management - CHS works with its prime vendor, with OEMs, and with programs to manage technology obsolescence and identify next generation replacement configurations.
- Emerging Technologies - CHS works with programs and with industry to coordinate new commercial information technologies onto the Army’s tactical network.
- Better Buying Power - CHS works across programs and with stakeholders of the Common Operating Environment (COE) Computing Environments (CEs) to meet consolidated requirements for common hardware platforms. Programs benefit from quantity pricing discounts achieved through economies of scale and from vendor price reductions.
- Modified Commercial IT - Provides customized and ruggedized supporting expeditionary usage.
- Web-Based Customer Interface - Allows CHS customers to search the CHS item catalog and initiate hardware orders.